POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC - Proposal for voting policies : Re: IRTC - Proposal for voting policies Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC - Proposal for voting policies
From: Fa3ien
Date: 12 Mar 2008 14:01:24
Message: <47d82884@news.povray.org>

> Fa3ien wrote:

>>>    - Ranking will be in 3 categories
>>
>> Seen Gille's latest post on the matter ?
>> Seen the graphs ?
>>
>> Why keep the voting process 3 times longer than necessary ?
>>
>> Fabien.
>
> Yes, I've seen the post and the graphs.  I thought carefully about the
> charts and the graphs.  Here's my problem:  Currently we have 6 awards -
> 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Technical, Artistic and Concept.  Do we continue to give
> 6 awards?  We can reduce to one ranking per picture if we drop the last
> 3 awards. If you want to provide the last three (automated) awards, how
> do you propose we award them with only one rank?

I would suggest to make 1st, 2nd and 3rd awards automatic, based on a
single note for each image/voter, and use a small jury (3 or 4 people)
to award the T-A-C mentions.

The "cross-contamination" "problem" has been discussed so many times
over the years, and
1) there's no solution
2) it tends to show that the TAC separation is pretty artificial

There is no "granularity" to be gained from TAC, so, going for simple
and efficient seems the best to me.

> I'm looking for constructive comments on the voting system.  Please, if
> you're going to criticize something I proposed please offer your version
> of an alternative.  As I said, I can't satisfy everyone and I'm doing my
> best to get public input while still keeping the spirit of the competition.

Sorry, I thought it was obvious that I was suggesting a single note.
Hope I've been clearer now.

Fabien.